11 Finger Test
Multitouch finger response
To demonstrare multiple fingers without using keyboard controls, use a Tablet, iPod, or Phone (Android, Apple) with MultiTouch gestures in a browser. You can also use a modern desktop browser (FireFox, Safari, Google Chrome) all work, but Chrome is slowest.
To see more than 3 simultaneous fingers on iPad, such as 11 fingers, you MIGHT need to disable
"Multitasking Gestures" in General Settings because the iOS system normally intercepts possible gesture events using 4 and 5 fingers!
Clear the list of printed event names above by clicking on the box.
How many fingers?
Maximum fingers seen :
- Samsung Galaxy S4 (Android 4.4.2): 10 fingers (firefox, chrome, and default).
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (Android 4.4.2): 10 fingers. (chrome, and default)
- OnePlus One (Android 4.4.4): 10 fingers. (chrome, and default)
- iPad 1 (iOS 5.1.1): 11 fingers.
- iPod Touch (iOS 5.1): 5 fingers.
- iPod Touch (iOS 2.2): 5 fingers.
- Retina iPad (iOS 5.1): 11 fingers.
- Retina iPad (iOS 8.1): 11 fingers.
- Apple iPhone 6+ (iOS 8.1.1): 5 fingers (cannot disable multifinger gestures)
- HTC Desire (Android 2.2): only 1 finger, other browsers might offer more, but YouTube shows many videos of HTC Multitouch Problems.
When the number of fingers exceed the maximum, a
touchcancel event is received.
The event object properties are fully enumerated and printed on screen.
The touch events are defined by Apple in Safari Web Guide.
The purpose of this page soon, is to packetize and feed touch events to a remote server that will draw updates beneath the active touch area.